Friday 11 November 2011

My Boys Board









I finally got around to making enough surfboards from one blank that it was time to shape the last one, a 5'4 egg for my lad Noah.  He wanted flanes on his board so flames he got.  The challenge of this board was getting the rocker good with what I had left of the blank.  I did have assistance in this from Huei, but every board I have done I have learnt lots from and am able to put it into my memory bank for the next one.  By this stage I have well and truly fallen in love with shaping, here are some pics of the progress

My Lad also got into the spirit of shaping, I got the board just about finished and then asked if he would like to do the final sand and get the board flat.  He counted his strokes, moved his stands around to the other side and did excatly the same, then put the level on the board and sanded her dead flat, what a champion, he is only six.  So proud of my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment