Saturday 10 December 2011

Just a little play in the bay

Today I went down to my bay, rechecked the sides of the blank, ran a square over them to make sure they were square, moved some foam on the deck and played with the deck line, generally fussed around with it.  Very enjoyable and relaxing, how lucky am I to have this hobby just waiting for me when I get the chance.

I put a very slight single concave from just passed the middle of the board to the deepest point in front of the fins leading out to flat at around the back fin of a thruster.  To do this I set the depth to 1ml and run the planer down the board, changing the depth as I went then moving it back to zero to fade it out.  Its a very shallow concave but will do the trick with it.

More work needed on the deck yet and rails need to be cut in yet, just going slowly and carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment